Changing or cancelling your liquidator registration

You can change your registration details or cancel your registration as a liquidator at any time.
To notify us:

of your change of address, you will need to lodge form 905A to update your liquidator registration details, as well as lodge a form 506 for the entities to which you are currently appointed as an external administrator. These forms can be lodged through the registered liquidators portal.
that you have become disqualified from managing corporations, you will need to lodge a form RL30.
A form RL08 is used by registered liquidators to cancel their registration. We expect you to request cancellation of your registration if:

you cease to practise as a registered liquidator
you have not taken any external administration appointments for three years (unless you have informed us that you are completing existing appointments before ceasing to practise)
you leave Australia permanently, or you have lived outside Australia for 12 months and you do not intend to return immediately
you become a disqualified person
you become an insolvent under administration, or
you cease to be fit and proper to remain registered for any other reason.
If you do not request cancellation of your registration in these situations, we may cancel your registration (in certain circumstances) or we may refer you to committee for cancellation.

We will generally grant your request for cancellation if we are satisfied that you have made adequate arrangements for transferring files, resigning from appointments and arranging replacements (if relevant), and there are no referrals to the committee or legal action pending against you in your capacity as an external administrator.